The Stage Hypnotist
Hi, I am Alan…
I began doing my hypnosis show in ernest in 1993. I had some advantages and a few disadvantages.
- My father did stage hypnosis.
- I was working as a comedy magician on the same stages as Hypnotist Terry Stokes. His influence was tremendous. To this day, I still think he is the best.
I studied the best book available, took notes and developed my show. The latest version of that book I give to every student – “The New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnosis” by Ormond McGill.
There were no trainers who gave classroom overviews of how to do a stage hypnosis show like Marc Savard, Terry Stokes, Richard Barker, Justin Trance, Jim Wand, Jonathan Chase (in England), Alex William Smith (in England) Jerry Valley with Tommy Vee and Michael DeSchalit, Kevin Lepine, Don Spencer, Barry Jones and others offer.
I did eventually take Jerry Valley’s first Stage Hypnosis Class with Ormond McGill and Shelly Stockwell in 1999, but it was an introductory class and I was already performing on stages for six years. I gained one routine from a member of the class, but was to advanced for the rest of the group. I can now say that the class Jerry Valley, Tommy Vee and Michael DeSchalit do is excellent as a classroom overview of how to do a stage hypnosis show, but it did not get people on stage doing shows.
- The opportunity to get on stage and work a show with a fresh audience, show after show.
- I did not have a coach or director that could give me invaluable small pointers
- I had no way to create a videotape demo. Getting good video footage is near impossible when you begin.
- Photographs, costumes and music are all critical factors in getting off to a good start. Fairs have always been where I work on new material because I do shows multiple days in a row. When I do fairs, I have an opportunity to work for a new audience each show.
I realized, this is the perfect training grounds to teach someone stage hypnosis!
Since October 2013, I have been bringing wannabe and newbie stage hypnotists on the road. I get them on stage and make them do multiple complete shows.
I videotaped them.
I taught them about sound systems, microphones, video equipment, back-of-the-room sales and other little details that can take years to acquire unless you do it – hands on – multiple shows in a row, with a coach!
To date, I have coached 17 people in five training sessions.
How I learn things
- Tell me what you are going to teach me
- Show me
- Let me do it
I am having awesome success. All of my students I have coached encourage me and tell me I am doing it right.
It’s exciting to me to see that so many of my students are already making decent money, getting paid fair market value doing complete stage hypnosis shows.
My father was a career entertainer. I live by his motto: “Let me teach you everything I know, so you get the hell out of my price range.”
Do you want to know more about me? Visit my web site and read about me there. It tells you all about who I am, what I do, how long I have been performing and for who I perform. If you want to know me, visit me